Monday, October 14, 2013

Cream Horms

During my airline days, there used to be a small bakery on Janpath, I think it was called Annapoorna, where I spent a lot of time eating these.  Browsing through my notes, i found a recipe and here is my attempt at recreating them



Cream Horn Molds required for the recipe but since i did'nt have any I used my Kulfi moulds. 

1 sheets Puff Pastry, thawed
Sugar crystals

1 bowl of whipped cream [I used Rich's]
100 gms cream cheese, softened at room temperature
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice

Instructions
Preheat the Oven to 200 C

Using pizza cutter, slice the sheet into even strips.
Very lightly grease the mould and then wrap the dough around it, pushing the dough down to seal it as you go.
Brush the dough with a little milk and roll in a plate of sugar.
Place the rolled mold on a baking sheet, with the end side down & bake 12 min until golden brown. 
In case it is not done, lower temp to 180 C and bake another 5 mins.

Cool completely then pipe in the cream.

For the cream, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until well blended. Add 2 tbsp of lemon juice and mix until blended.
Fold in whipped cream until smooth and fluffy.
Pipe it in to each cream horn to the top.


No comments :

Post a Comment