Monday, August 29, 2011

Ice Cream Bombe

Hectic weekend with dinner and lunches out with friends.  Which automatically leads to the question from the kids - whats for us ?  So this was all about pacifying Aakash.  Poor Shreya had to take a backseat but its not such a problem cause she never eats the desserts anyways :)

So, courtsey my son, I did a icecream cake - my first attempt so its not finished the way I would have liked it to be.

Start with a good basic cake.  Not a sponge please.  I put some marmalade in mine to give it an orange twist.

Line a round basin with clingfilm and line this with the cake, sliced in the centre and cut into triangles.  Fill all the gaps with leftover cake and put in the freezer to set.  

Soften icecream - any flavour - I used vanilla and mango - and layer the inside of the frozen cake with this, following the shape of the cake.  First layer was vanilla and then mango.  I went adventurous and filled the centre with some Raspberry sorbet.  Cover with cling film and put back in the freezer to set.  

Made this in the morning so it got about 8 hours to set.  When ready to serve, upturn on a plate.  

Could have been a better looking presentation.  Next time this is going to get covered with Chocolate or cream. But I must admit it was really tasty

No comments :

Post a Comment